That said, I got a job. I guess.
When last I posted, I was considering a full commission job. I had a couple of other interviews scheduled. Well, both interviews went great. I was very happy with both of them. So I bailed on the full commission thing...I was a big believer in the product but you really need some savings or a nest egg to begin an endeavor like that. Now is not the time.
The first interview was for a non-sales job and I felt it went pretty good. However, they will take 2-4 weeks to let me know anything and then another 10-14 weeks of prep before I could start. That's fine but I can't wait that long...I could probably manage it financially but my spirit won't last that long...So, while we will wait and see how that develops, we'll have to let it percolate for now...
The second interview as for a sales job. It has a small base and decent earning potential assuming I am successful at selling. The product is solid and the market is good. The company is large and in good shape in the economy. In fact, the job is in a department that is being grown to meet the needs of a rapidly INCREASING market segment, which is pretty positive for a sales job. I am confident that my skills will allow me to be successful. And, it will give me some purpose, which is big. However, the last sales jobs I had were very successful financially but ultimately didn't make me happy. I am a different person now but I still don't know...I am going to give it my best shot and hope for the best. If anything, the combination of personal satisfaction and good income may be enough, right?
Just this morning, I got a call back on a resume sent in May. Seriously. I have scheduled another interview for a job that pays more than any of the other jobs I've seen so far. So we'll see...At least, it appears we are past the worst of it. That's something...
I start on Wednesday with a couple of weeks of training. Wish me luck.
-gen
1 comment:
AWESOME DUDE! Congrats. If you hate it, keep looking.
Post a Comment