OK, so my friend got not-married on Saturday, and then she invited us to the track on Sunday. So, I was basically busy every minute from Friday to Sunday night. Sunday night at like 9:45, finally get the kid to bed and sit down to check facebook. And immediately see a post for a $2.45 moneymaker on Stayfree Maxipads.
Now, as the wife will tell you, I do enjoy excellent coupon deals on feminine hygiene products. Probably because, before I did couponing, I was so deeply offended at the cost of non-couponed, non-saled femanine hygiene products. I have been sent to the store to purchase feminine hygiene products and left that store $8 poorer. No lie, no exaggeration. And that pissed me off. But I digress.
The point is...I checked the coupons the deal required and one of them was labeled 8/26/12 SS. The means the coupon is in the SmartSource insert in the Sunday, 8/26/12 paper. Today's paper. Of which, I procured exactly none. I freaked! I lost it. I FORGOT TO BUY PAPERS. Now, at 9:45 on Sunday night, I have to try and find papers. And it's the last weekend of the month, which means the P&G inserts, which means I need 3-4 papers, not just two.
Quickly headed for the nearest Stewart's. Nothing. Over to the Hess station. They had one Times Union, but it was complete. (Smart Source, Red Plum, Proctor and Gamble AND the special McDonald's insert, which I didn't need because I NEVER eat at McDonalds, but somehow, I would accept the lack of, in any event.) So I bought that one. One down. Over to another Stewarts. Nothing. (I think Stewart's puts their papers away at some point Sunday evening.)
So, now, I am forced to go to the Price Chopper near my house. Now, I don't want to call anyone out, but the Price Chopper near my house, usually has incomplete inserts. I know that the Times Union clearly notes that not all editions have all inserts but I find it suspicious that, in the 15 or so times I've check, this Price Chopper has Times Unions without Red Plum inserts. And, it is a bit more suspicious, that it is not a perfect omission. I searched all the remaining Times Unions and all but 1 had no Red Plum. They all had Smart Source. And None had Proctor and Gamble. But ONE of them had a Red Plum. That looks bad. I can't say that someone (customer or employee) is stealing all the Red Plum inserts because that would be baseless accusation without proof. And I won't call this location out by naming store numbers or street addresses. But, it just seems odd to me that I can get a complete 3-insert paper at a Hess station less than a mile from your store but you don't have a Red Plum to save your life. #justsayin
Anyone, I bought the one Times Union with the Red Plum. Just in case I found nothing else, I would, at least, have the requisite 2 SS's and RP's. I headed towards the Cumberland Farms, hope quickly slipping away. As I drove, I thought about going across the river to the NEXT closest Price Chopper. I mean, if you're gonna obsess, don't obsess half-assed. So, I drove over the river to the other store.
I get there and they have a HUGE stack of Times Unions. I check about 10 of em. All have Smart Source and Red Plum but none have Proctor and Gamble. *shrug* Just not my night. So, I'm thinking I'll just give up, when I glance down and see a 'Troy Record.' Now, I've heard of the Troy Record. I guess it's like...umm...a little paper in Troy or something. I've never read it, really hardly even looked at it. but it appeared to be distended beyond it's normal 8 page length, so I picked one up. Sure enough, it was a thin little paper but, this edition, had a comics full of a big chuck of sales papers. So, I open it up. And wouldn't you know it, it was complete. All three inserts. Even the stupid McDonald's insert. And much less 'legitimate content' than the Times Union. Which might give some people pause, but I never read any of that crap anyway. So it's less for me to carry and less for me to pile in the garage. I picked up a second copy. It TOO was complete with all the inserts. 2/2 lifetime. I couldn't believe it.
I quickly headed over and purchased both copies. And lived happily ever after.
Moral of the Story: Maybe there's something too that Troy Record. I know I'll be buying it more often. On Sunday. Without actually reading it. The end.
What’s Popular On Streaming Now
2 years ago
2 comments:
You know a LOT about coupons.
Ummm...Thanks?
Post a Comment